Author Video Instructions – Deadline for Pre-recorded talks : Tuesday, 20 April 2021 (FIRM Deadline)
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, IEEE ICC 2021 has been moved to a fully virtual conference. All authors of accepted and registered papers for ICC 2021 are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation.
The presentation can be recorded by any of the co-authors and will be available during the original dates of the conference and on-demand after the conference concludes. We will follow up with more information about opportunities to interact with attendees for questions and answers.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. This is a requirement for your paper to appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. With this method, you may show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You may use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing - Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting - Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides:
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, you will be required to finalize and upload your video by Tuesday, 20 April 2021 (FIRM Deadline)
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING YOUR VIDEO
Duration: 15 minutes
File size: 250MB max
Video file format: mp4
Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to ICC 2021.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO (Deadline: Tuesday, 20 April 2021 (FIRM Deadline)
- Go to EDAS
- Go to My...>My Papers
- Click on your paper title
- Upload your MP4 video file to your paper record via the "Virtual Presentation Upload" option
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact Leah Jones.
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the ComSoc non-presented paper policy.
We look forward to making ICC 2021 a success within this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.