Green Solutions for SmArt Environment (SAGE)
a workshop of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2021)
As the number of communication devices and the data demands are growing at an exponential rate, awareness of the value of wireless communication gadgets has also tremendously increased. The need for higher agricultural productivity, industrial automation, clean air and clean water, convenient and safe city life, city as well as border surveillance are some burning aspects that call for deployment of multitudes of IoT devices that can automatically collect information and actuate desired control actions.
Realization of large-scale deployment and affordable usage hinge upon energy-sustainable operation of these devices. Fast-paced global warming further calls for solutions that will take the mankind to more technology advancement without adversely impacting the environment. It is also possible that, smart usage of the IoT technologies could even aid in reversing the global warming process.
In this framework, the SAGE workshop aims to draw together researchers and practitioners engaged in the progress and continued endeavors on such green and energy-sustainable technology solutions. It thus focuses on the energy sustainability aspects of IoT and, in general, on machine-type communications, actuation, and control automation in smart environments, which is a major theme also of 5G+ and 6G technologies. Beyond theoretical proposals, the interest is on technology viability of green and energy-sustainable communication solutions ranging from low-rate telemetric communications to highly-reliable, ultra-low latency, and bandwidth-intensive communications.
Topics of Interest
Specifically, we encourage researchers and industry experts to submit original contributions in the following major areas (indicative list, other related topics will also be considered):
- Energy resource aware access strategies for massive machine-type communication
- Application-context specific ambient energy harvesting techniques
- On-demand energy replenishment approaches
- Cooperative energy management strategies
- Collaborative wireless energy transfer and information communication solutions
- Distributed beamforming technologies
- Machine learning techniques for energy management
- Energy harvesting aided distributed energy resources and smart grid connectivity
- Game theoretic and economic aspects of energy sustainability
- Mobile-aided (terrestrial and aerial) energy sustainable networking solutions
- Experimental testbed on energy sustainability
- Embedded systems and implementation platforms on energy sustainability
- Energy sustainability through edge-, fog-, and cloud computing
- Energy sustainability aspects in Industry 4.0 standard
- Node-level and network-level energy management strategies
- Cross-layer solutions for energy-optimized smart communication devices
- Network architecture level solutions on energy sustainability
- Circuits and systems towards green energy solutions
- Bio-inspired energy-sustainable communications
- Light-weight, energy preserving security and privacy solutions
Paper Submissions Guidelines
We welcome submissions of papers presenting original works. Submissions must not overlap with works that have been published or that are being simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere.
All papers for technical symposia should be submitted via EDAS: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=27871&track=104136
Full instructions on how to submit papers are provided on the IEEE ICC2021 website: https://icc2021.ieee-icc.org/
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and IEEE digital library (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/).
Paper Submission Deadline:
20 January 2021 19 February 2021 [FIRM]
Notification of Acceptance:
20 February 2021 22 March 2021
1 March 2021 31 March 2021