Author Instructions for ICC 2021
Congratulations on the acceptance of your paper for ICC 2021!
IEEE Conference eXpress provides these instructions to help you with the final preparation and submission of your paper. For information about registration and other conference activities, please access the conference website.
Create/Access Your IEEE Conference eXpress Author Account
Use conference ID: icc21
Note: IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore®) if the paper is not presented at the conference. - IEEE Technical Activities
Create/Access Your IEEE Conference eXpress Author Account
Conference ID: icc21ws
The authors upload their papers to a site called "Conference eXpress" once they click the link and create an account.
Submission Deadline: 22 February 2021 — Approval of the PDF made from converting your source document and copyright submission is required by this date.
Submission Deadline: 31 March 2021 — Approval of the PDF made from converting your source document and copyright submission is required by this date.
Conference Dates: 14-23 June 2021 — ICC 2021
For help with submitting your conference article, contact Christina Zarrello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about other conference concerns, visit the conference website.
Final Paper Submission
Final paper submission consists of these critical steps:
- Manuscript preparation
- Create your author account
- Upload your source document
- Approve the PDF created from your source document
- Finalize your IEEE Xplore metadata
- Submit the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF)
If you have not already finalized your manuscript this section provides guidelines regarding acceptable manuscript applications, layout, fonts, and graphics.
- Applications: Please use Microsoft Word or LaTeX to create your document.
Note: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) and all image files (as .eps files only) are required for LaTeX submissions. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI; otherwise it cannot be accepted and converted. For TeX tools, see http://www.miktex.org/ .
- Templates: Optional templates are available that incorporate the correct formatting specifications.
For those who choose not to use a template, download the Format Definition Table and Glossary (PDF, 263 KB) for complete formatting specifications.
- Page limit: 6 maximum number of pages, with 1 additional page allowed with the purchase of additional page charges at the time of registration and final paper submission.
- Headers, footers, and page numbers: No headers, footers, or page numbers should appear on your manuscript.
- Margins: Papers cannot be accepted with margins smaller than those given in the table below:
- Fonts: Below is a list of recommended fonts:
Times New Roman
- Fonts must be either Post Script or True Type and licensed for embedding. Use of unlicensed and custom-made or hacked fonts is strictly prohibited; your submission will be rejected if it is found to contain them.
- Graphics and Images:
- Choose vector graphics (e.g., .eps) over bitmap (.bmp) images because they are electronically efficient and will not conflict with conversions to PDF.
- For LaTeX submissions, all images must be in .eps format and included with your submission in a compressed archive. It is recommended that you use WinZip or StuffIt for compressing your submission.
- All images should be checked by printing to hardcopy if the conference will be producing a book, especially when color images in your paper will be translated to black and white in print.
- Resolution should be between 150 and 300 dpi or less. Resolutions greater than 300 will cause down sampling; images below 300 will not render well in print.
- Labels within graphics should have a type point size of 4 or higher.
- Smooth Graphics should not be used as it often produces extremely large files with slow loading time. The Smooth Graphics option is usually found in the Page Setup Dialog box.
Create Your Author Account
To create your ICC 2021 Conference eXpress account, follow the steps below:
- Select "Create/access your IEEE Conference eXpress author account" and click "Create an Account."
- Enter icc21 in the Conference ID field, then enter your email address and create a password.
- Select Submit, and then complete the Account Information form that follows.
For returning users, if your email address has not changed, all of your account information will self-populate if you use the same password.
Finalize IEEE Xplore Metadata
Follow the steps below to complete your metadata for IEEE Xplore.
- Open the source document of your paper to complete the metadata entries.
- Check the title in your source document for accuracy, then copy and paste it into the Paper Title field.
- Check the names and affiliations of each author in your source document for accuracy, then copy and paste each name, affiliation, and country in the appropriate fields. Note: You are responsible for the accuracy of your own author information as well as your co-authors'.
- Select the button Information is correct once you have verified the metadata. The paper title and author information cannot be revised or deleted once this is complete.
The Paper Title and Author Information you have entered will be used to complete your electronic copyright form and to archive your paper in IEEE Xplore.
Upload Your Final Submission
Please submit your final paper as a source file(s) to your author account for conversion to PDF.
If submitting a LaTeX file, you must first compress your submission.
To submit your article, please follow the steps below:
- Create an author account, following the steps above.
- Select "Submit New Title" and enter all necessary metadata.
- Browse for your final paper and then select "Upload."
- After successfully uploading your submission, you will receive an email confirmation.
- You will receive a second email stating if the conversion to PDF was successful. If the conversion was successful, please review the attached PDF for accuracy. If the PDF is final and acceptable, please log back into your author account and select "Approve." If the file is not acceptable, select "Revise" or request manual conversion.
If your file has failed conversion and you have received an error report, please review the error report and make the required corrections. Once you have corrected your submission, please upload a new file making sure that you are submitting an accepted file format with all required elements.
- All PDF proofs must be approved by 22 February 2021.
- For WORKSHOPS PDF proofs must be approved by 31 March 2021.
Deadline: As a mandatory step in the submission process, all copyrights must be submitted by 22 February 2021.
For Workshop papers, all copyrights must be submitted by 31 March 2021.
Please follow the steps below to submit your IEEE Electronic Copyright Form:
- Once you have uploaded your source documents, Submit Copyright appears in your File Status Table.
- Select Submit Copyright and verify that the paper title and author list is correct. If anything is incorrect, change it by clicking “Correct Paper Information.” Then, click Continue. Please review the information carefully—you will not be able to go back and change this information after your copyright has been submitted.
- Follow the instructions in the form to complete the copyright submission.
- You will receive a PDF of your completed form via email for your records.
IMPORTANT: A completed copyright form is required for all conference manuscripts published by IEEE. It is highly recommended that you complete this process as soon as you upload your file(s). Failure to submit your copyright will result in your paper not being published.
For additional information regarding copyright and copyright transfer, visit IEEE Intellectual Property Rights .
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit the Conference eXpress Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the most commonly asked questions. If you still need assistance, please contact your project editor.